India has strong relations with the United Arab Emirates. These relations are of great importance due to the geographical neighbourhood and the volume of mutual economic, political, and cultural relations between the two countries. The present study tackles the geopolitical dimensions of India's relations with the United Arab Emirates by focusing on the importance of the geographical location of India and The United Arab Emirates, especially in terms of economic, political, and cultural relation between the two countries.
The current study tries to answer the following questions
What is the importance of the geographical location of India and the United Arab Emirates?
What are the geopolitical dimensions of the Indian trend towards the United Arab Emirates?
The hypothesis of the present study is centred around answering the questions raised in the problem statement, which can be answered as follows:
- India has a strategic geographical location in the continent of Asia, especially in South Asia, which helped it to adopt an important position among the countries of the Asian continent. As for the UAE, despite its small area, its location overlooking the Arabian Gulf made it the focus of attention of many great countries.
- The geographical dimension is due to the proximity of the distance and ease of access between the two countries.
- The economic dimension is the basis for India's orientation towards the United Arab Emirates because of the huge trade volume between the two countries and the Indian investment volume that crossed all sectors in the Emirates.
- The political dimension made India and the United Arab Emirates have good political relations.
- The security dimension appears in India's approach to the United Arab Emirates through the conclusion of security agreements between the two countries.
- The cultural dimension has a clear influence on UAE as a result of the presence of more than three million Indians in the United Arab Emirates.
Objectives of the Study
The present study aims to identify the geographical importance of the countries of India and the United Arab Emirates, the volume of the relations between India and the UAE, and their importance to both parties, as well as the most important future expectations of these relations, and whether they can continue in the future or decline.
The present study adopts the power analysis approach and the regional approach.
Significance of the Study
The geographical location of India and the United Arab Emirates is of great importance. The significance of the present study is due to this location, as well as the volume of the relations between the two countries, especially the economic relations.